Monday 16 November 2009

wild west winds

I have done a lot of driving lately through gales and torrential rain, firstly down to Cornwall with (almost ) blind friend B, where I spent a few blissful days of R and R mostly sitting by the fire reading or just gazing out at the lovely Fal estuary as it was too wet and muddy for much walking with the dog. Then I whizzed off to Brighton for a night, and the next day to yet another eightieth birthday party in the New Forest. I took three nonagenarians, so I felt quite young and skittish.
I had a gloomy Saturday morning doing the Fire Risk Assessment, and felt that the house was going to burst into flames at any moment, what with the bedding under the stairs, the music cupboard on the landing and the cloth around the door handle to prevent it banging. So I have spent most of the day dealing with these fearful hazards.. Also we are going to terrify all the Quakers and residents by having a few fire drills on Sunday mornings.
I am planning some Christmas parties, and family get togethers, I love making lists and plans.

No comments: