Sunday 6 December 2009

marching along

I have just done a new small book of poems to give to friends and family for Christmas, and now I am worried that people may think it is a slightly mad thing to do. it is just that I have all these bits of paper in folders and on my computer and I feel I want to communicate something. The poems are mostly about old age and life in the Meeting House.
I continually make lists of all the things I must do before Christmas and the cards I must send, but do not actually do any of these things. I meant to do a lot last night, but there was a whole evening of Alan Bennett plays and monologues on TV which were so good. How I love that man, he is so honest and funny.
Yesterday it was The Wave, a demo in London about the Climate Change conference in Copenhagen next week. We had a rally here at the Meeting House, about 130 people, and we marched through the streets of Winchester with blue balloons and scarves, banners,and there was a splendid band. Most went on to London, but my demo days are sadly over with my arthritic feet to contend with, but it was a heartening occasion.

No comments: