Sunday 7 March 2010

kippers and quiche

Another long gap, and after two more lots of penicillin for the ghastly elephantine leg, I then got a face like the elephant man too. I suddenly developed an allergy to penicillin and woke up on Thursday morning with a great swollen face and red weals, it was most alarming. Daughter J took charge and got me seen at the Brighton hospital by a very kind helpful doctor, who said no more penicillin ever and then the leg miraculously recovered. I think my body is saying to me, no, you can`t move to Ditchling, you have to stay here and work at the Meeting House for ever.
Yesterday we had the great Fabulous Fairtrade breakfast. A dozen of us scuttled round the kitchen, serving and cooking the Full English and also strange combinations such as kippers with a poached egg on top or kedgeree with scrambled eggs plus one slice of white bread and butter. Oh so capricious the punters were. Still it made about £750 for Emmaus and generated a lot of goodwill.
It is a beautiful Spring morning, the garden is full of snowdrops, crocuses and the daphne is flowering. Lots of Quakes are staying for lunch after Meeting, but it is is laid up ready, (quiches of course!) and it is time for me to put the jacket potatoes in the Aga.

No comments: