Monday 14 September 2009

scones and raspberry jam again

I had a busy time as it was the Heritage weekend so the Meeting House was Open to the Public along with Winchester Cathedral, St Cross Hospital, all the local sights. We are included because this is an eighteenth century house in the middle of the city We did teas which I think was one of our main attractions so there was a sort of Mad Hatters Tea Party all afternoon by the Aga and once they got stuck in there with the scones and rasberry jam they didn`t want to leave. But the Quakers were there is force and plied our visitors with Quaker literature so it was a good chance for people to know that we are not all dressed like the bloke on the Quaker Oats packet and are quite normal really.
I over booked with the B and B`s so gave up my room to a lovely artist lady and I slept downstairs on the sofa bed. I must buy a new one! So lumpy and uncomfortable. So it will be a treat to get back into my flat tonight. There is also a chap sleeping out in the garden room, so three cooked breakfast each morning, which I find very satisfying to cook, bustling about in my white apron, trying to look like a proper catering person.

No comments: