Saturday 5 September 2009

Just back from day off in Brighton. Before I left I went for a walk in Stanmer Park with my lovely friend J and her two dogs, Madge and Dotty. They had just had a perilous escape from death as they got on the railway line and disrupted all the trains. They eventually had to be tunnelled out. J and I always talk and talk when we meet and never seem to have enough time, but she will be my nearest friend when I move to Ditchling so that is a plus point about going there. I have been feeling anxious about the whole businness of uprooting myself and leaving everything and everyone here.
Ever since I got back home at it has been one thing after another: moving sixty chairs for meetings, cooking red cabbage and crumble for Quaker lunch tomorrow , welcoming an extremely talkative B and B .He showed great interest in Quakerism, so I have done my best to make a convert. All in the space of a couple of hours. Roll on retirement I say to myself,

No comments: