Friday 28 August 2009

bank holiday blues

Bank Holiday weekend and I have nothing planned, but I suppose I will do a bit of writing, a bit of gardening and a bit of gazing into space, as well as all the usual: dealing with droppers in, and` gentlemen of the road` who fancy a cheese and pickle sandwich just as I`m thinking of going to bed, (always more of them about at weekends). This evening I went next door to feed the Rectory cats and saw two people getting out of their car who had come for B and B, from Southern Ireland. I had completely forgotten about them, luckily I had an empty bed! I could not remember their names though they had been before, so I had to spend an hour going through old emails trying to track them down.
I had just been to Ikea and had wandered about there in a haze of consumerism lust, seduced by fluffy white bath towels, shiny big frying pans and plump pillows. So cheap, I say to myself but end up spending huge sums.

No comments: