Monday 3 August 2009

no crumbs on the aga

I am just back from holiday and the Meeting House was pristine, there had been no floods or disasters, in fact `nowt to laugh at at all` Apparently it rained all the time I was away when I was basking in sunshine and swimming in the Lake Constance so the garden is looking green, and the vegetables are growing madly.
I read two novels and half of Julian Barnes book about death, called `Nothing to be Afraid Of`also I had just finished a book by David Lodge called Deaf Sentence (which wasn`t abouut death but about a deaf professor) the night before I left, so my head is still filled with the happenings and characters in those four books. So I feel as if I had an eventful holiday whereas in fact I lolled about, having delicious meals cooked for me by my beloved sister ( who does everything beautifully, even grinding up the coffee beans each morning for breakfast) and swimming in the lake with my lovely niece K, and living a very decadent hedonistic life.
Anyway its all go here today. It is the Garden Party for the Sight Impaired this afternoon and it looks like rain. This morning, T my brilliant cleaner helper has brought a carpet shampooer and we are doing all the carpets. It is so satisfying tipping out the filthy gungy water. That is the sort of thing I enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are very welcome to come and do our carpets