Tuesday 21 July 2009

I won`t write in detail about the Cream Tea last Sunday as it is a bit repetitive. As usual my fears were groundless, hordes turned up, we ran out of scones, large quantities of strawberries and cream were trodden into the carpets, there was the usual chaos in the kitchen as we grabbed teapots and milk jugs from each other, but there was a lot of good will around, and we all enjoyed ourselves in spite of gales and rain, and a surprising amount of money was raised for the Asylum Seekers in Southampton.
I have just been checking in on line for my flight to Lindau next Sunday. I always
worry that I am doing something illegal or criminal, so when I turn up at the airport, there will be two armed uniformed men waiting to arrest me. I am only going away for a week but there is a lot to do before I go: lists for dear H and N who are nobly standing in for me, the inevitable quiches to make and freeze for the Quaker lunch the day after I get back, the usual huge supplies of loo rolls to stash away, but even so I will probably get at least one call on my mobile asking for the phone number of the plumber.

No comments: