Tuesday 7 July 2009

the generous gardener

I went to the garden centre today and bought two roses called`Generous Gardener,` pink ones, in memory of two dear gay men who used to come to our Meeting. Someone sent some money and I chose them because they are long flowering and reliable, but anyway I like the name as there is something generous about creating a garden. Now I am faced with having to dig two deep holes in a stony corner which is daunting. I think I will leave it till the morning.
It has been a relentlessly busy day:fighting with double duvet covers, washing, folding, ironing, clearing decaying food from fridges and larders, heaving piles of garden debris to the dump, all the usual. Now two B and B`s have just arrived, and say they would like breakfast at six oclock. Oh that`s fine I say cheerfully but I have just thought, that means getting up at 5.30am. I must be mad.

No comments: