Tuesday 30 June 2009

hot, hot, hot

I have just realised that it is Tuesday and I have not written about the Cream Tea on Sunday. My fears were not realised. The garden was absolutely thronged with happy tea eaters and the sun shone beautifully. It was hectic in the kitchen with all us helpers grabbing teapots from each other and frantically whipping up yet another pint of cream. We had the most delectable cake selections, made by the wondrous Joan, the equally amazing moustachioed Gavin(n a resident) and dare I say it? me. It raised about £600 and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.
I think it is my happiest occupation: setting up things and giving large numbers of people nice food, not very intellectual or creative, and not such hard work as writing a poem.
I drove to Reading this morning and picked up my lovely grandson M who had just come back from Mexico, and needing to move all his stuff from his student lodgings. We talked non stop about all the amazing sights of Mexico, our families, and everything and I kept missing the turn offs at all the roundabouts, but it was a joy to see him back safe and sound
I wish it would bucket down with rain, I am fed up with watering the garden and the grass is going yellow.

No comments: