Saturday 13 June 2009

A very funny thing happened with this blog the other day. J borrowed my computer as his wasn`t working and he forgot to sign out. I wrote the last entry about Altzeimers etc and when I posted it, it came out as if from him on his choir blog so all members of his prestigious choir will be surprised to read my daft words about memory loss with his name under it!
We had a great gathering of Quakers from far and wide today. I started off bright and early moving chairs about in the parish Hall next door and switched on the tea urn, which boiled rather quickly and then set off the most earsplitting fire alarm at 8am. I phoned churchwardens and various members of the parish all to no avail,and pressed every nob on the control panel. Eventually I woke up one of the neighbours who came in his pyjamas and stopped it. Just as well it was not a real fire as no one took any action.
I always feel very safe and encouraged when I am with groups of serious Quakers, they have minds like razors, get straight to the point and they are warm hearted too.

No comments: