Wednesday 10 June 2009

Brain Fever

On the Today programme this morning they said there was a new test for Altzeimers which could detect it in the early stages. Just some simple questions they said. Give me an example? John Humphreys asked. `well name four creatures beginning with an S.` JH could only think of a sloth, so when I was swimming up and down the pool today, I went all through the alphabet to be on the safe side so I would have them ready if asked. It is a worry as several of my close friends have very wobbly memories and I suppose you don`t know if you are like it yourself.Just had my eyes tested. At my age, I seem to spend a lot of time keeping myself intact: hearing aids, chiropodist, swallowing pills as well as dentists etc. No wonder the country is going bankrupt.

No comments: