Sunday 21 June 2009

Brighton last Thursday and Friday as usual but it was good, as I had J and T and Jumble the dog with me on the A272 on the way there as J had come to Winchester to see her old school chums. We bought chips in Pulborough and munched them, such a treat. Then I went to see the film, `Looking for Eric `which I loved. It is all about how if you need help, you just ask your friends and they give it willingly. It was also about football which I am not really into but I do see how it gets you.
On Saturday, I went to London with my bike in the car and met up with son C and family. We all cycled by the Thames and watched a river pageant with people dressed up as Henry the eighth and others being rowed along to Hampton Court. While we were having our picnic on the river bank, I did a sort of quiz from the Guardian and asked my family what their earliest memory was. All, including me, remember being told off for doing something which we did not even realise was wrong. Isn`t it sad that we can`t remember the happy things first?

No comments: