Tuesday 11 August 2009

my family and other animals

Busy here this morning, the plumber repairing two leaking taps, the grandly named Pest Control Officer dealing with a wasp nest under the roof, handyman J doing a bit of grouting by the sink. splendid T the cleaner wielding the Hoover, and cups of tea all round with three sugars.
The garden is full of mums and toddlers, It is Friends of the Family today, and there are also two B and B`s with a fout month old baby who is adorable but fairly voluble How strange it will be when I retire next year and I will not have all this activity all round me every day.
Last weekend I was away for sister in laws 80th Birthday party. I find that my social life these days consists mainly of 80th, 90th even 100th birthday celebrations, also golden weddings, interspersed with funerals. I stayed with brother P having picked up sister J in Islington (bravely driving right across central London) and it was nice sleeping in the same room as my sister as we did all through our childhoods I enjoyed seeing all my brothers children and grandchildren and spotting the family likenesses. My sister and I realise that we are the two old aunties that you always get in families.

No comments: