Saturday 27 September 2008

Two Quakers for B and B. I laid a tasty breakfast, Home made bread, muesli, boiled organic eggs,home made jam, fruit, hot cross buns and croissants. Oh dear. They are vegans with wheat intolerance. What a disaster, nothing on the table they could eat! They asked for peppermint tea. On my bike, I rode like the wind to Sainsburys and returned with the peppermint teabags, it was like Tigger`s breakfast. There had to be something I could give them. They are lovely people and ate the cereal they had brought with hot water on it and seemed perfectly happy. Two young students just starting at UNI as they all say, are staying here as their rooms are not ready for them. One is in the garden room up a ladder in the loft, the other in the sitting room. they seem absurdly young to have left their mothers. They managed to get themselves shut out in the garden twice last night in their pyjamas, another young resident also came home without her key. Poor Y had to get up three times to answer the door in the middle of the night. I blithely slept through all the banging and ringing. What will I do when she moves out next Wednesday?

No comments: