Monday 29 September 2008

The Vicar from the Almshouses round the corner turned up with their Harvest Festival this morning. I am never quite sure why they give it to us at the Meeting House, but we get several each year from different churches. They don`t know what to do with them. I said I would distribute it to the mothers who come to the family group tomorrow. I opened the hamper in keen anticipation to find: one mouldy cauliflower ( I ate it later for my supper), three withered parsnips, lots of windfall apples, a dozen or so speckly bananas, plus six tins of Marks and Spencer soup. A bit of a diisappointment.
We had a little leaving do this evening for Y who has been here for three years and is moving tomorrow. We had some bubbly wine and a blackberry crumble. We all felt quite tearful.

No comments: