Wednesday 8 April 2009

Everyone comes into the house or garden and says Oh how beautiful the magnolia tree is. I take a rather jaundiced view as the petals fall thick and fast and have to be raked up twice a day, a couple of wheelbarrows full. If they are left on the grass they become slimy and the grass goes yellow.This morning I lost my spectacles as I was scooping up the petals and hunted high and low getting more and more desperate. S in the office came out to help. She stood by the compost heap and intoned three times "Saint Anne where are Vicky`s spectacles?" Immediately she spotted them amongst the cabbage stalks and mashed up magnolia. She said she learned this trick at her convent school.
I am going on holiday tomorrow and I feel I need a break. We have been innundated with bed and breakfasts and the resultant huge piles of laundry. Also my struggles with double duvet covers. But the people who come to stay are always so friendly and pleasant, so it feels worth the effort.

No comments: