Monday 20 April 2009

I felt too rushed yesterday to write a proper blog about my holiday which was full of precious moments. The purpose of it in a way was to be together for Julia`s anniversary which was on 13th April, Easter Monday. It is four years now but she still seems so close, and when a group of us sat round the kitchen table reading favourite poems written by her, it was as if she was still speaking to us, as she had such a gift with words. There was a group of remarkable women who came to that Northumberland cottage over Easter and it was good to share our memories together.
I have to write a poem this afternoon, this blog is a bit of a delaying tactic. I have my writing group tomorrow. I am hoping that some inspiration will come. Possible topics: crossword puzzles which have been occupying my energies lately in a rather obsessive way, celebrity culture, which I find very interesting, or , on a more serious note, sorrow,which is not the same as grief or sadness, but is a more permanent state of mind when you lose someone close to you.

No comments: