Saturday 23 May 2009

I had three chaps on bikes for bed and breakfast who came last night just after I got back from Brighton. They were up at 7am, so by 8.30am, I had done three cooked breakfasts including porridge and all the rest of it, changed all the beds and put the washing in the machine. They are the sort of guests I like,. Also the two other nice ones here who did their own breakfasts.
I now have a good free Saturday to Get On. I have to mess about on my computer doing the flyers for two cream teas in June and July firstly for Emmaus and secondly for Asylum Seekers help group. I am not good at this and it takes me a long time mostly with the help of my lovely neighbour M who is very gifted in this direction.
Yesterday, I took R, my 12 year old grandson, who was not at school as he was ill all week, to have his hair cut. It was very long, right down to his shoulders, and the barber obviously thought that I was being a bossy granny and making him have it cut. Which was not the case at all, as I long ago gave up worrying about things like long hair. The barber and R had a blokey conversation throughout about football. R looked very handsome afterwards with it all spiky with wax.
The best news last wek is that I am going to become a great grandmother!

No comments: