Thursday 28 May 2009

mixed blessings

I had one of my double booking disasters today only it turned out not to be a disaster at all. The local Art Group who are proper serious artists turned up for a Painting Day in the garden, aapparently it had been on their programme since January, but no one told me. We also had a children`s activity day for half term, the older siblings of the Friends of the Family group, as well as the usual Thursday Spiritual Healing and Chinese Herbalist, in various rooms, but in fact everyone seemed to get on, and the children and helpers all went up St Catherine`s Hill and had a great time, then back here for lunch, fourteen round the table: sausages , baked beans and jacket potatoes, we`ve got it all down to a fine art these days.
My two Bed and Breakfast Quaker couples had a convivial breakfast which always pleases me, and for once I have no one booked in for the weekend except one quiet lad.
My brother P phoned this morning to say that he is going to be great grandparent at more or less the same time as I am. What a coincidence.

No comments: