Wednesday 20 January 2010

going for gold with my knee

My family never cease to surprise me. Today fifty year old son, T announced that he has taken up knitting and is making a scarf for little Arthur, my new great grandchild, and his great nephew. He has recently got keen on cooking especially jam, chutney and bread. What next I wonder?
I have started seeing a physiotherapist for my bad knee. I discovered that she treats the horses for the Olympic eventing team as well as the riders, so I feel I am in safe hands. I have torn some sort of ligament. Also the clutch has gone in my car so I am expecting the washing machine to break down any day now as these things always go in threes.
I look at the two cats curled up so contentedly on top of the Aga and think Oh the poor things they have no idea of the terrible disruption in their lives when they go to Ditchling. I seem to remember from my counselling days that this is called transference. In fact I do feel quite excited at the thought of an After Life from the Meeting House. It is just the trauma of packing up and saying goodbye to so many lovely old friends that I find daunting.

No comments: