Thursday 28 January 2010

My knee is miraculously cured by the horse physiotherapist! She is starting on my wonky ankle now, so perhaps I can gradually get her to work through my whole body. I am back to swimming and cycling to my great relief.
Had a busy day yesterday as it was the start of the Quinquennial Survey of the Meeting House and also the annual inspection of resident`s rooms The QS is being done by two architects, but the other is me with another Quake. The residents got in right old panic, dashing up and down stairs with hoovers. They all have their rooms absolutely stuffed full and it is interesting to see the different styles of decor. I had a good haul of missing china and cutlery: twelve dinner plates six bowls and too many glasses and mugs to count.
I went to the theatre to see James Fox being Anthony Trollope, acting out excerpts from The Warden and Chronicles of Barset. he was very good and I did not fall asleep once. Interesting that Trollope wrote his novels on the train with a pencil as he was travelling around on his job with the Post Office.

No comments: