Thursday 7 January 2010

the more it snows, tiddlypom.

I had begun to think I would stop this blog, but due to popular request (well anyway , my brother P`s ) I have decided to resume. There has been a lot of weather about lately and life is very disrupted. Most of the groups this week have cancelled, including the Reformed Jewish Group, and Spiritual Healing, and countless others, but the Alcoholics, Narcotics and Gamblers Anonymous are still braving the elements. We residents are huddled indoors playing Scrabble nightly and the cats are sitting nearer or actually on top of the Aga, (we have Shirley from Brighton still here from the Christmas hols)
The garden looks truly beautiful today but the street is like an ice rink, and it is too cold outside to raise any enthusiasm for making snowmen. so I am trying make my desk more efficient for my successor in April, hopeless really as I have never been one for keeping paperwork in order.
The job has been advertiesed in The Friend and there have been many applicants. I just hope they will appoint someone who will keep the Aga top free of crumbs.
I am very gratified that the poetry book that I felt so anxious about is selling briskly in aid of Emmausn Winchester so it was worth doing after all. Less trouble than organising Cream Teas and Indulgent Breakfasts

No comments: