Tuesday 20 April 2010

the last ditch before Ditchling

Life is busy. If in doubt, throw it out is my motto. I did a car boot with J on Sunday and objects from my childhood home in Palmers Green were cheerfully sold for fifty pence. Last week I moved my possessions to the teeny tiny cottage. it was chaotic but with the help of grand daughters G and M we unpacked all the boxes and made up the beds which looked bouncy and inviting. A kind bloke came and assembled the Ikea flatpacks so there were bookshelves to stow away all the hundreds of books that I could not bear to give to Oxfam, yet. I cooked my first big saucepan of soup for my kind family who came to do the broadband, tune in the telly and arrange the books in alphabetical order would you believe.
I am now back in the Meeting House for my last two weeks until I finally move on May 1st with my cat, my bike and my cello. Everyone is being nice to me and it makes me feel tearful. I tried out my farewell speech on M last night and got a lump in my throat. I am still worried that no one will turn up at my leaving party.

1 comment:

Sue said...

No need to have worried that 'no one would turn up to the parties' ...!! Wonderful crowd of folk, & 'though tinged with sadness at your leaving, very warm happy events to celebrate all you've done & knowing you over the years: hope you enjoyed it :) Good luck squeeeezing into your new tiny space!! SO xxx