Thursday 1 April 2010

more last things

Today some of the morning swimmers took me out for a farewell coffee at the cathedral refectory. Of course it was not my last swim, but several of the others were off for the Easter Hols. It was nice to meet with all our clothes on for a change.
I did gardening with K later, in a bitterly cold wind. Everything is very late, and lots of loved plants died in the winter snows. Odd to think I will not be here to see the dahlias that K planted.
Some of the Alcoholics Anonymouses are very kindly carrying some furniture downstairs as I write this with much groaning on the bends in the stairs and landings. Another friend is driving these things up to Newcastle to granddaughter F. What a pallaver it all is.
Next Wednesday is the Moving Day though I will not leave my job here till May 1st, but my flat must be painted for the new incumbent. I spend many waking hours in the middle of the night, thinking `if I put that bookcase there and that table there, where will I fit in the sofa?` and so it goes on.

No comments: