Wednesday 29 October 2008

Having a quiet week in the house as lots of the groups and counsellors are taking a half term break. but T, J,and G plus Jumble the dog came to stay for two nights and that was a treat. I am still disorientated from the clocks changing (and so is T who wakes up even earlier than usual)Also I have been sleeping in different beds. I had booked in a B and B so I had to let him have my room. Every room here has its own strange creaks and rumblings in the night, but we discussed at breakfast today whether anyone feels there are any ghosts, and we all agreed that there are none. It feels very safe and unspooky though the house was built in 1751 and must have had many dramas and excitements over the years.
I have just been to see the Coen brothers` latest film, Burn After Reading. I loved it. It had a complicated plot and it is only afterwards that you realise how cleverly it all ties in.
It is very cold and last night it snowed. In October! When I went swimming early this morning my bicycle saddle had a layer of ice on it which was a very odd sensation. There were only two of us in the water which felt positively hot.

No comments: