Wednesday 15 October 2008

I was wondering aloud what to write today in this blog and D said `Don`t you ever write about all the hectic goings on in this house? ` I said no because firstly I like to imagine that the house is an oasis of calm, and that I am totally unruffled by it all, and secondly, I am firmly of the opinion that we all create the sort of lives we lead and if I wanted peace and quiet I would not do this job. I have got used to cooking with three or four in the kitchen all trying to get at the stove at once plus a few Buddhists as there are tonight making their herbal teas. I am trying to cook a lunch for twenty Catholics tomorrow. You could not say we are not ecumenical.
My son T takes a very gloomy view of the credit crunch situation. He prophecises that the banks will not have any cash soon so we must store some under the mattress. Also he is horrified that I am flying off to Germany to see my sister. `You will be stranded, the airline will go bust!` he cries. I am an optimist and will set off as planned for Stansted on Friday.

No comments: