Friday 3 October 2008

Today is my birthday. I am seventy eight, which is neither here nor there. I always feel unworthy of all the cards, presents, kind messages and texts as if I do not deserve them. I feel anxious that any celebration I organise is a bother for everyone. Odd that I should feel this as I simply love doing things for other people`s birthdays. This one is a four day event as I was taken out to lunch yesterday in a tapas bar with two friends. I never knew what a Tapas bar was before but it was interesting tasty food in little dishes. Today I had an early breakfast in bed and presents, and a cake at teatime, tomorrow, a lunch out and walk with family, and then on Sunday a tea party at the Meeting House!
Made quiches with four year old T this afternoon for supper. She was breaking eggs and hurling them into a basin, grating cheese and chopping veg up with such speed and skill. I feel I`m passng on the knowledge. We made terrible mess in the kitchen, but we enjoyed ourselves.

No comments: