Sunday 28 December 2008

Something mysterious is happening in the garden at night. The lawn is being torn up in large lumps and the turf stripped back. It looks as if a herd of wild animals has been trampling about. Could it be deer, or badgers or a family of foxes? Or perhaps a gang of youths come in after the pub closes and play football. I am puzzled.
Otherwise all is calm, all is bright. I am about to tackle the mammoth task of writing letters or emails to some of the people who sent cards as otherwise they will think I am dead. Next year I will just go with the flow and send cards in the normal way, it is easier in the long run.
At our Christmas dinner this year there were two vegans, six vegetarians and three omnivores. It was a bring and share meal and food provided consisted of: tofu canapes, smoked salmon, nut roast, roast chicken, vegetable curry, sprouts, carrots, roast potatoes, red cabbage, bread sauce, cranberries, xmas pud, trifle, vegan mince tarts, brandy butter. As an omnivore, I had a little of each. It was delicious.
J and G with Jumble the dog, went for a Chrismas swim by the Palace Pier along with about fifty others. I felt a twinge of envy as they plunged in, but it would probably have finished me off.

No comments: