Tuesday 30 December 2008

Except for the alcoholics, gamblers, and narcotics who willy nilly go on meeting here, Christmas or not, the house is very quiet. Most of the residents are away, and there are no bed and breakfasts. I realise that I go completely to pot unless I have a lot to do. so perhaps I had better not retire just yet after all. I get up late and mooch about, do the Guardian crossword after breakfast, watch TV or read novels in the afternoons, make cups of coffee and have snacks at all hours, it is shocking. I had meant to embark on a writing project, and also do some tidying up of cupboards. Still it only Tuesday and things will not start getting going until after the weekend, so I hope I will knuckle down.
Still no clues as to the nightly lawn wrecker, most nod their heads wisely and say it is badgers, but I thought they hibernated in the winter. It is a scene of desolation up there on the back lawn.
Two groups of my grandchildren have been skating in the cathedral Close in the last weeks. I was dead against the ice rink in the Close, but I have come round to it as the children came in positively glowing after their skating session, even four year old T was whizzing about in the middle with no fear and it is obviously an exciting thing to do on a winter afternoon just when it is beginning to get dark.

No comments: