Thursday 1 January 2009

These are my New Year resulutions:
1.Have regular `treatments` eg acupuncture, shiatsu, aromatherapy, thai massage, vitamin pills, rosehips, I am up for anything that might help. I am very stiff and creaky, it is a worry.
2.Lose a stone to help the knees and ankles. No potatoes, sugar, cakes, chocolate, white bread, crumpets, or croissants.
3. Do a new poetry collection.
4. Go for a cycling holiday in the Scottish islands in May.

I think that is enough. All those things are possible.
I did not stay up to see the New Year in last night , but I was woken at midnight by an almighty racket going on with fireworks exploding all over the place. What a ghastly waste of money.
We played some nice music by the fire yesterday afternoon, three violins, cello and piano, Boismortier, Corelli, Tellemann. Did not lose our places very often, and we all enjoyed it. Fortunately no one else was in at the time.
Today K and C plus family came and we saw the New Year in with a glass of bubbly with our lunch and nice chats. The girls sang Its a Wonderful World and The Rhythm of Lfe. What a treat.

1 comment:

Julia Norman said...

am loving your blog,how are you getting on with your new year's resolutions?The comment about pigs reminded me of a programme I saw a couple of weeks ago by Jamie Oliver,it was apalling to see piglets being castrated and having their tails chopped of without anaesthetic.I think we are kinder here to pigs,but I think the Danish keep their pigs in terrible conditions.As you say,there are probably lots of farmers locally who treat their pigs with kindness.