Monday 19 January 2009

Poached with no Reproach.

The day started with the B and B`s asking for poached eggs, my most dreaded breakfast, but they ate them cheerfully in spite of soggy toast, and ragged edges, and even said they would like to come again.
Then someone came to book a room for a meditation meeting and wanted to see the guest room so I grabbed my chance and got them to help with the double duvet cover, as I had been struggling and flailing my arms helplessly trying to do it on my own.

Today the Reading Group for the Sight Impaired came, with N the bloke from the Library who organises it. All are elderly (even older than I am) with walking frames and sticks, swollen ankles and other infirmities, but they have minds like razors! N kindly asked me to join them and I have rarely been in such a lively and challenging discussion on any book. This was The Road Home`by Rose Tremain which won the Orange Prize recently and I had loved it. They saw a darker side and were very critical, and compared it ver unfavourably with her other novels.

Tonight I have the House Committee and I have to report on the past month in the Meeting House. We have to discuss things like Fire Risk Assessments and putting up the rents. Then it is my writing group tomorrow and I have written not one but two poems. I am not satisfied with either, but I have tried.

No comments: