Saturday 24 January 2009

sleepy saturday

I came back late last night after my day off in Brighton. It is a surreal experience doing that journey along the deserted sea front as far as Worthing then along empty motorways. I like driving at night with the radio on and the heater at full blast. When I got home, D had just arrived back from his Christmas month visiting relatives in U.S A. and so we sat up chatting, and I did not go to bed until after one am and then I got engrossed in my book, so I was sleepy all day. The house was busy with lettings which was the reason I had to come back on Friday, sad as my lovely grand daughter F had just arrived from up north. Anyway today I had time for a good read of the Saturday Guardian which I always enjoy, especially the Review and the Family section and the magazine. I usually do the crossword too but it is impossible today, so I will save it up to do tomorrow with my son T who is an expert.
I went to the cinema twice last week to see Slumdog Millionaire and The Reader, both remarkable films and I did not fall asleep once in either which is the Acid Test.

No comments: