Wednesday 24 December 2008

Well I`ve strung up the Christmas cards at last, for days they have been piled in a basket on my desk looking reproachful. They are goodwill, kindness and love made manifest, all those good wishes to me to be healthy and happy, I am a fortunate woman.
The house has been eerily quiet and tidy all day, most of the housemates have gone away, the phone has hardly rung at all, and I have had only a few droppers in. I had a satisfying trip to the dump with all the bottles and cardboard that has been lurking in the shed for weeks, and purchased for peanuts from the shack at the back, a delectable pile of good stuff, including a nice pine towel rail for the bathroom, a bone china teaset with roses on it, a silver hand mirror, half a dozen decent wine glasses, and two pretty candlesticks.
Then I cleaned the car and packed it for Brighton tomorrow: presents, a table, a chair that I fished out of a skip by the Wessex Hotel that I thought might come in useful (but if it doesn`t I will put it back) prepared brussel sprouts, red cabbage and carrots, home made mince tarts and brandy butter plus a few other things, my contributions to the feast at Brighton tomorrow.
This evening I popped round to see T and we played some Corelli and Telleman piano and violin sonatas which seemed a nice thing to do on Christmas Eve though my piano playing is not up to much these days.
Altogether a very good day.

No comments: