Wednesday 11 February 2009

I have a lot to do at the moment as I am trying to get the Quaker Mag, the Colebrook Courier that I edit with T, ready to take round to the printers, and Quakers keep sending more copy written in spidery writing that is very difficult to type up. If I change a word or leave something out, they are on to me like tigers, so I have to be careful.
I went to my reading group last night. The book was Engleby by Sebastian Faulks which is about a psychotic but clever man who was horribly bullied at school. I was shocked by how many of the group had also suffered from bullying at school. At my North London grammar school in wartime, I was never bullied, but just bored, and would daydream or draw pictures all over my exercise books. I would watch the teachers opening and shutting their mouths like fish and had no idea most of the time what they were on about, but bullying, no. How lucky I was.
I am just waiting for a couple of B and B`s to arrive, the house is still full of Buddhists, Narcotics
Anonymouses, Asylum Seekers Visitors, and odd Quakers and it is time I went to Bed.

No comments: