Monday 16 February 2009

not a clever blogger today

I had an email for my dear friend J entitled "you clever blogger", she had just read this humble blog for the first time. So now I feel a sense of responsibility to be (a )funny and (b) clever. Not easy.
Its been the usual run of the mill here -fourteen kids and helpers round the table for lunch for a half term fun day for the family group that meet twice a week here. Sausages, baked beans and jacket potatoes, heavenly food. Then when we had washed all that lot up, E and I went to visit an old Quaker in a Care Home. Both E and I felt we wouldn`t mind moving in there straight away. No smell of wee, loads of activities: painting, glue, pom- pom making, and several bits of knitting left around that you could just pick up, I did about ten rows of bright red purl and plain with great enjoyment.
This evening, the homeopath lady did not finish her session on time in the Library and all the Gamblers Anonymous lot were milling about waiting to go in there and the AA people were also waiting to go into the Meeting Room only the GAs were in there so they came into the kitchen where six of us were simultaneously trying to cook and eat our suppers and bumping into each other. Then M turned up and said she was about to take twenty five chairs out to the garage to be picked up in the morning by a bloke who is going to re cover them. What a palaver. We don`t seem to have any chairs to sit on for our breakfast I notice.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Pat! It's Laura (Vickers) here - Grandad pointed me to your blog and I must say it's MARVELLOUS! I shall be a regular reader. What an exciting life you lead! I'm quite jealous.