Tuesday 24 March 2009

Its been a long day and I have just finished a monumental washing up with the help of D after cooking and serving supper for twelve Catholic prospective adopters. I wore my new pristine white apron and tried to look efficient and like a proper catering person. They seemed to enjoy their meal but really they are so involved in all the excitement of getting their adoptive children that I could probably give them a bit of bread and cheese, and they would be happy. So many people have popped in today, and come to various meetings and groups. This house really buzzes witrh activity from dawn to dusk and beyond. It is never boring here as D has just remarked. He is cutting up vegetables as I write this for the Quaker soup tomorrow and it is now half past eleven.

No comments: