Saturday 21 March 2009

scarecrow saturday

The terrible crows have completely wrecked the lawn, but the chafer grubs have been treated with a sort of contraceptive which will do no harm to wild life, not that I would want to actually kill any crows of course. So we have rolled and reseeded the whole area and I have put a white wooden owl which flaps his wings in the mulberry tree. D has made a splendid scarecrow and dressed it in my old clothes but it keeps lurching drunkenly and occasionally falls over. We had a gardening day today, M cut her leg on a stick and had to go to A and E, I was out there until it was almost dark and now I can hardly stagger up the stairs, but on the whole it was very enjoyable.
I am going to bed early with the Saturday Guardian as I was up at the crack to drive back from Brighton. J and Tiger were up early too as they were going up to the allotments to do a worm count for a survey, with a picnic breakfast.

No comments: