Saturday 28 March 2009

Night Prowler

I have been re reading Barack Obama`s book, Dreams from My Father as I have to introduce it to my book group on Tuesday. It really is most remarkable, I keep wanting to read bits out loud to whoever is in the room, as he has such a power with words, and a warm heart. He wrote it over ten years ago when he had no idea that he was to become president. I hope the rest of the book group like it, I am always very downhearted if they don`t enjoy a book as much as I do.

I drank a cup of strong coffee last night before driving back from Brighton as I sometimes get sleepy on the motorway late at night. As a result I could not get to sleep when I went to bed, though it was about midnight. The films on every channel on TV were unbearably violent, the radio had ghostly frightening stories. I had a bath at 3 am, I filled hot water bottles, I took paracetamol, I had a snack, I read Obama`s book,I prowled around the silent house. Oddly enough I have felt fine all day and enjoyed a visit from 2 sons, 2 grand daughters, 2 grand sons, and one daughter in law. Its been a lovely Saturday.

No comments: